Do I Have A Case? Find Out For Free.
Waco Car Accident Lawyer Texas
Daniel Stark Injury Law: Who to Talk To – Who Not To
For most of us, the first thing we want to do after an accident is get on the phone or computer and let people know what happened. An accident is a very social experience for many people, but it shouldn’t be. These are the people you should talk to–and who you shouldn’t after your wreck:
You Should Talk To...
- Your lawyer: Fill out a free online consultation form or call us toll free at (866) 241-4861.
- Your insurance company: Call your insurance company to let them know you had an accident. Takes notes during your conversation.
- Your doctor: It’s important to see your doctor and document injuries, symptoms, and your recovery.
- The police: Contact the police after your accident to obtain a police report.
You Shouldn’t Talk To...
- Their lawyer: Never talk to the other party’s lawyer without talking to someone who represents your interests first.
- The other person’s insurance company: Your words can come back to haunt you and can hurt your chances of getting the fair treatment you deserve.
- Social networks: Pictures and posts about your accident or the aftermath of your accident can be used against you.
- Your friends and co-workers: Until your case is settled, it’s best to keep your accident details quiet.
Following these guidelines gives you the best chance of a positive outcome. That’s some good news that you can share with your friends.
Without consulting an experienced local Texas injury attorney, you may be taken advantage of. It’s our job to make sure you are treated fairly. Get a lawyer from one of our offices in Bryan/College Station, Waco, or Austin.