Throughout the last several days, the Texas hill country has been ravaged by storms and heavy rains causing severe flooding in many areas. High water levels and debris in the road can present serious safety hazards to travelers. That’s why our Texas car accident lawyers at Daniel Stark Injury Lawyers would like to offer some information that could help keep you and your loved ones safe while on the road.
- Stay Where You Are– If you don’t need to be on the road, stay at home or in the safe location where you currently are. If you aren’t on the road, you can’t be involved in an accident.
- Know Your Route– If you must drive, it’s important that you check to ensure your route is clear before you leave. KBTX News has provided the latest information on road closings from the Texas Department of Transportation in our area.
- Buckle Up– Wearing your seat belt and keeping children in safety seats will significantly reduce your chances of injury or death if you are involved in an accident.
- Don’t Enter High Water– If you are unsure of the depth of water on the road, try to go around it rather than through it.
- Slow Down– A vehicle can hydroplane on less than an inch of water, so watch your speed and how fast you break.
- Get Help– If you are involved in an accident caused by flooding, be sure to contact the insurers of all who are involved. It may also be wise to discuss your case with an attorney prior to speaking with insurance companies.
At Daniel Stark Injury Lawyers, we know the risks flooding can pose and our Texas personal injury lawyers hope these tips help to keep you safe until the floodwaters subside.