At Daniel Stark, the holiday season is our favorite time of year. We love our clients and want to make sure they have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving Holiday. We all know are minds tend to wander as things get crazy around the holidays. We believe it’s important to take a moment, breathe, and focus on Thanksgiving safety. While we want everyone to have fun, we also want everyone to be safe.
Below we have listed some Thanksgiving Safety Reminders. We ask that everyone take a second read over them as you prepare to welcome your family and friends.
- Always pay close attention when children are in or near the kitchen. If a child wants to help with the cooking, let them stir or help with preparation (setting the table is a great way they can help and feel included). Children should never be allowed to use a sharp knife or left alone with access to the oven or stove.
- Be extra careful when boiling water or frying food. Hot water and oil can cause severe burns and life altering injuries. Hot oil is also a significant fire hazard.
- Cook all meat to the proper temperature. Make sure that you always have an accurate meat thermometer on hand.
- Keep hot food hot and cold food cold. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours of cooking. Foods left out longer than 2 hours become breeding grounds for bacteria and can cause illness.
- Wash your hands often, especially if handling raw meat.
- Make sure all smoke alarms are functioning properly and at least one smoke alarm is near the kitchen.
- Do not cross contaminate while cooking. Do not prepare raw meat on the same surface you are using to cut vegetables. Food borne illnesses are dangerous and can ruin everyone’s holiday weekend.
- Set a reminder to make sure you never leave the oven on when you are done cooking.
We hope you have reviewed these safety reminders. Your Daniel Stark Family wishes you a happy and safe Thanksgiving Holiday.
November 22nd, 2016|