• ½ cup steel-cut oats
• ½ cup well rinsed quinoa
• ½ cup dried fruit
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
• 4 cups (32-ounces) water
• optional – maple syrup or raw honey for topping
• Get out a heavy bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven and add in the quinoa, oats, dried fruit, salt, cinnamon, cardamom.
• Pour in water and stir.
• Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring the cereal mixture to a boil. Don’t stray to far as this comes to a boil within 5 minutes or so.
• Turn off the heat, give it a quick stir, cover and then let it sit out overnight. Yep, that’s all there is to it.
• When you wake up you will see that the grains have absorbed all of the water.
• Give the cereal a quick stir and turn on the heat to medium-low.
• Stir occasionally, adding water if needed, (I didn’t need to add any additional water, as mine still had some water left) until the cereal is warmed through, about 5-8 minutes.