The holiday season is my absolute favorite time of year. In my family, food is at the center of every celebration, especially around this time of year. I am the designated baker in my family, and every year, I am in charge of the pies, cookies, and sweet treats.
Although I have always enjoyed baking, it has definitely taken on a new meaning throughout the years. The best part about the holidays, by far, is having the family come together. I have three nieces – ages 16, 12, and 5 – who always help me bake, and I do what I can to get them involved in the process. This includes simplifying some of my recipes.
My pecan tarts have quickly become a family favorite, and they are really easy to make. I would call that a win, win!
What You’ll Need:
6 ounces cream cheese
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups chopped pecans
What You Need To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease 30 tart tins or muffin cups and set aside.
- To Make Crust: In a medium mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup butter until light and fluffy. Blend in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, forming a smooth dough. Roll into 30 equal balls and press one into each greased tin so it lines the bottom and sides, like a pie crust.
- To Make Filling: In a medium mixing bowl cream together 1/4 cup butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Stir in pecans. Fill each lined tin half full. Mixture will rise as it bakes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool in tins, then use the end of a table knife to flip each tart out of its tin.
November 21st, 2016|